Registration and Tuition
Effective – April 26, 1982 | Revised – August 9, 1999 | May 4, 2017
- Student registration at the School of Medicine occurs once annually at the beginning of each academic year. Registration dates are determined by the Executive Faculty and published online in the Bulletin.
- Failure of a student to register (including payment of tuition) on or before the published tuition due date will result in a late registration fee of $50.00. The fee will be imposed 7 days after the due date if full payment has not been received.
- Tuition and fees are payable twice a year, at registration time and again at the middle of the academic year as listed on the schedule on the academic calendar.
- Any payment due from the student and not paid by the specified date will accrue interest at the current market rate in effect on the first business day of the month in which the payment is due. This fee will be imposed on any accounts not paid in full within 30 days of the due date.
- Any amount not paid when due (plus accrued interest thereon) must be paid in full within three months of the due date to avoid suspension from classes.
- If a student fails to settle such unpaid amounts within three months of the original due date, the School will not release the student’s grade reports or transcript, pending settlement of the unpaid account. A student who has not satisfied all of his/her delinquent financial obligations to Washington University (tuition, fees, university housing, etc.) one month before the end of the academic year will not be allowed to progress to the next academic year and a hold will be placed on the academic record, preventing release of transcripts.
NOTE: Students who rely on financial aid funds to meet their obligations should submit their applications for processing according to application deadlines published by the Office of Financial Aid. Deadlines allow for receipt of financial aid funds if applications are filed by the deadline. The Office of Student Financial Aid will assist students with loan applications and financial planning upon request.